Director, Admissions Tools
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director, Admissions Tools for our Higher Education team. This position is based in our New York City headquarters or Washington, D.C. office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This role requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
About the role
The College Board seeks an experienced professional who brings experience in the field of admissions and/or higher education programs or services. The ideal candidate will have worked within the field of admissions/enrollment management and have a strong understanding of admissions processes and software. The Director will be a key member of the Higher Education and Admissions Models team and will be focused on managing pilots and rollouts of innovative admissions tools, including the Environmental Context Dashboard – a new, innovative, admissions tool. Key aspects of the role include management and operations, relationship management and support for external members and users, and providing analytic support and coordination across projects.
What you’ll do
- Lead the day-to-day management of innovative admissions tools, including the Environmental Context Dashboard: coordinate with internal business units to generate requirements, test features, implement updates, etc. that align with the organization's higher education strategy.
- Interface with higher education users to: demonstrate the tool, collect user feedback, help users with setup and maintenance, test new features and updates, and communicate user experience back to internal business units.
- Coordinate with external vendors and organizations to procure and exchange data, integrate products within 3rd party systems, and verify the consistency of admissions tools across technologies.
- Expand the user base with a focus on: customer service, deepening relationships, soliciting and listening to feedback, and exploring future uses.
- Maintain organized, detailed core project management documents (e.g. budget, integrated project plans). Work with internal teams to gather and document key status inputs and operational implications/risks associated with project goals on ongoing basis.
- Assist in the development of multi-year project roadmaps, manage budgets, develop business models and help in other project planning that aligns with broader organizational goals.
- Oversee and provide feedback on the work of others who are not direct reports: collaborate to understand colleagues’ and/or external vendors’ work and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor higher education industry trends to ensure that admissions tools utilize appropriate conventions and best practices. Requires subject matter expertise to analyze and translate critical industry developments.
- Develop and manage highly collaborative relationships across the organization to support program implementation.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 6+ years’ full-time experience in admissions, project management in higher education, management consulting or equivalent.
- Experience supporting large-scale projects – ideally, in the higher education spaces – with complex, interrelated, work streams.
- Ability to communicate and implement both business and IT needs.
- Strong, demonstrated expertise in the product development lifecycle
- Experience in presenting complex information in compelling visual ways.
- Ability to think creatively about how to solve business challenges, strong ability to understand and internalize the “big” picture and broader implications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines is required.
More about you
- Strongly committed to expanding educational opportunity.
- A problem solver, with excellent judgment and the ability to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives.
- Highly detailed oriented and thorough in your analyses.
- Able to see the big picture through the details, and know when appropriate to deploy each perspective.
- Comfortable with accommodating different points of view.
- Clear and compelling in your communications.
- Persuasive and know how to target your presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
- A self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable to new information, situations, or challenges and can work independently.
- Creative and can come up with fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.