Quality Assurance Specialist
The Quality Assurance (QAS) is responsible for ensuring that quality controls and supporting processes and procedures are in place and executed as established in a high-quality manner. Responsible for ensuring continuously improvement levels of quality in projects and existing programs in support of operations service delivery. Work closely with all teams and operational units necessary to implement, measure, and improve quality standards for new and existing products and programs. Provide support to the Quality Assurance team in process checks and Quality Control activities like tollgates verification and approval, operational incidents review and generation, test key generation and approval and quality audits. Develop systems, processes and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of quality control checks in the office overall value chain.
What you will do:
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the overall value chain operational units and the QA department.
- Analyze and document operational processes, incidents and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Execute and monitor PR and LA Quality Control process checks and inspections within all operational units
- Identify risk factors or possible process errors within operational units and assist teams to resolve complex risks and any related project or production issues.
- Work with necessary operational units and process owners for the investigation and resolution of production quality control failures that affect operations service delivery.
- Support QA team in the development, analysis, and preparation of status reports.
- Support the QA team workload and schedule coordination and execution to assure established release dates are achieved.
- Complete and/or review written investigations of operational incidents and discrepancies and track root cause analyses for quality problems.
- Execute, as needed, internal quality audits to operational processes to assure compliance with the established specifications and standards.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of quality control gates, criteria (metrics), deliverables and process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of the office Quality Management System by performing, as needed, functions like trainings, audits, documents review and approval, generation of incidents investigation and process checks and inspections.
B.S. Degree in Science, information systems, engineering, operations, or related technical field.
Three to four years of experience performing quality control functions or similar duties.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Abilities in project management tools (charts, graphs, tables, metrics, etc)
- Knowledge of quality control process
- Language skills in Spanish and good communication skills in English
- Computer literacy
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of applications like words and excel
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues in writing and orally at appropriate levels of detail for executive audiences, business stakeholders and technical teams
- Organizational skills
- Attention to details skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and comply with due dates.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.