Program Associate, International Support
The Program Associate, International Support, for College Board International is based in New York.
S/he will report to the VP, International, but will work closely with all members of the International Division to provide needed administrative and operational support to the team serving K-12 and Higher Ed constituents outside the 50 United States and Washington DC. This role will serve the following primary functions:
- Supporting day-to-day administrative needs of VP, International, including special projects (15%). This function requires the ability to maintain confidence and discretion.
- Triaging and/or coordinating resolution of escalated customer service issues from International constituents (30%)
- Support international events planning and logistics, including preparing materials, assisting with contracting, supporting participants, managing logistical communications with participants, consultants, and committee members as appropriate, etc. (25%)
- Providing general administrative and project support to members of the International division (30%)
What you will do:
Triage and/or coordinating resolution of escalated customer service issues from International constituents, including, but not limited to the following activities (30%):
- Serve as primary collection point for escalated customer service inquiries and either route to the appropriate team members for resolution or coordinate resolution across the team on more complex issues including, but not limited to, starting an AP program, AP course audit, exam ordering, score reporting, and routing testing issues
- Where appropriate, develop processes and templates for responding to routine constituent inquiries in collaboration with College Board Customer Service team
Support international events planning and logistics, including preparing materials, assisting with contracting, supporting participants, managing logistical communications with participants, consultants, and committee members as appropriate, etc. (30%)
- Assist with processing contracts and payments for consultants and invoices for international vendors
- Developing and printing supporting materials
- Managing logistical communications with participants and other key stakeholders
- Support external consultants with preparation/arrangements for workshops, events and meetings, where appropriate
Providing general administrative and project support to members of the International division (30%)
- Provide general administrative support to all team members
- Serve as office manager and supply coordinator, including but not limited to, making a variety of meeting arrangements, handling technology issues for the team, maintaining resource library and organizing and maintaining electronic and hard copy files of collateral for the unit.
- Arrange travel logistics and expense reimbursement for select International team members
- Monitor key constituent milestones for the unit, including but not limited to: deadlines for test ordering, trainings, test registration, etc.
- Prepare routine correspondence, internal reports and minutes from meetings; monitor incoming communications, and prepare administrative reports to include monthly, quarterly, and other special request reports.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
Supporting day-to-day administrative and special project needs of VP, International
- Provide general administrative support to VP, but not limited to:
- Maintain VP’s calendar
- Coordinate on behalf of the VP all internal and external requests and communications
- Prepare and submit expense reimbursement reports in a timely manner
- Schedule on-site and off-site meetings including communications and logistics. Prepare agendas, handouts, communication for such meetings. Arrange hotel and transportation reservations and coordinate schedules where appropriate
- Compile and prepare reports, PowerPoint presentations and contribute to special projects
- Maintain professionalism and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- Assist in routine office matters, including supporting others on the team as necessary.
- Provide support for special projects on an as needed basis
- Works as a part of a team within the organization; other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of directly-related, progressively responsible work experience in a professional position in international business/marketing or international education. Experience in project management is preferred. Fluency in one or more foreign languages is desirable.
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Excellent writing, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal skills
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information quickly.
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze, and communicate data.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Knowledge of event planning and project coordination.
- Persistent, Self-starter with an ability to prioritize independently to meet due dates and deadlines
- Initiative and willingness to assume additional responsibilities as needed beyond the scope of the job description to ensure timely solutions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; highly organized
- Occasional travel: 1-2 trips/year
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.