Director, PSAT Related Assessment Program Management
The College Board, the national educational organization has an opening for a Director, PSAT Related Assessment Program Management who is responsible for the overall management and direction of the PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10 and PSAT 8/9 Programs. This includes defining annual revenue goals and creating and managing plans to achieve them, understanding the high school and middle school market needs to create a differentiated value proposition and to implement program enhancements that address market needs. The Director works closely with State and District Partners (SDP), Marketing, Communications, Policy and Implementation teams, Program Contract and Policy Management to define annual revenue goals, to create and manage plans to achieve them and to successfully deliver annual program administration.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the on-going management of the PSAT Related Assessments which drive $73 million in revenue for over 5M students, ~23K schools and over 700 districts and state contract annually.
- Understand market trends, consumer needs, and competitive threats including: identifying business problems that require analytic support, work with the Data Science, IT and Research teams to collect market data necessary to analyze specific business problems and support data collection efforts by conducting interviews with customers and non-customers.
- Interpret market feedback to define customer problems and specify requirements for new product features and enhancements and to inform marketing and sales planning.
- Manage the day-to-day business of the programs including insuring accurate implementation of program pricing and contract policies, negotiating contracts and implementation plans with key stakeholders, working with contracts team to execute on district and state contracts, reporting on progress to goals, resolving critical issues, and providing appropriate escalation of program business issues.
- Own the process with Data Science to implement annual survey’s after each administration of the PSAT-Related Assessment, and to add additional surveys as needed to understand market trends.
- Work with Associate Director of Web Properties to ensure web content is accurate and up-to-date on an on-going basis.
- Use Agile/JIRA process to prioritize and manage enhancements and/or feature completion.
Product Marketing Management
- Partner with Corporate Marketing and Publications teams to develop marketing strategies that support business objectives for the PSAT-Related Assessments.
- Develop and maintain internal/ external relationships to increase product awareness and usage.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications to ensure PSAT-Related Assessment messaging is aligned with corporate positioning. Examples include College Board’s website assets, white papers, customer presentations, brochures, emails, and guides.
- Work with the Director, Program Publications to develop content for print materials, and email announcements for school systems.
- Work with the Communications Department to respond to media inquiries.
Sales Channel Management
- Work with Director of College Readiness Assessment Contracts Management to ensure smooth execution of the Suite of Assessment contracts, including the Early Participation Program, an initiative designed to increase access for and involvement of all students in the college-going process and coordination with the SAT School Day program to drive participation in the College Board's Pathway assessments.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director of Program Management to develop and manage the annual sales plan, which includes identifying sales targets, setting sales goals and a revenue budget, managing progress towards yearly revenue goals, and implementing plans to maximize program participation in contracted districts and states.
- Support defining standards for program pricing, contract policies and procedures, inform develop content for contract communications, work with Director of Contracts Management to train SDP staff on contract policies and procedures, collaborate with SDP staff and implementation and policy teams to resolve sensitive customer issues and review and approve content, pricing and budget on non-standard contracts.
Work closely with State & District Partnership (SDP), Finance, Information Technology, Contract Management and Policy Implementation Team, Fulfillment, Corporate Marketing and Communications, Publications, Research & Assessment Design & Development and Legal Departments.
Maintains significant and important contacts regarding PSAT-Related Assessments partnership and outreach processes with ETS, Pearson, College Board members, potential members, schools, teachers, students, parents, consultants, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of product management, operations, project management and/or progressively responsible work experience in a related capacity is required.
- Must have experience managing business processes, product development, budgets and vendors and must be able to demonstrate an ability to motivate and influence other team members and peers across multiple functional areas to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Demonstrable experience leading complex projects supported by cross functional teams across all phases of product development. Knowledge of and experience working in educational products and services industry, K-12 education or college admissions is a plus.
More about you
- Comprehensive, integrated knowledge of PSAT-Related Assessments
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Understanding and appreciation of educational systems and the ability to relate to educators and other constituents at various levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to plan, structure, and complete detailed business analyses and business cases and to understand P&L management and cost analysis
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously and to manage complex projects to successful completion
- Ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable with the ability to re-prioritize based on evolving business conditions, be detail oriented, focused on customer service and highly organized, have a strong work ethic, high energy level, and enthusiasm, and be a self-starter with the ability to set priorities and attain goals
- Computer literacy required including Microsoft Office applications
- We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
- If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at collegeboard.org/careers
- The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity, and its programs, services, and employment policies are guided by that principle.
- The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.