Director, Scoring and Reporting
The Director of Scoring and Reporting will be responsible for technical leadership in a fast-paced environment, directing the efforts of the scoring and reporting staff, managing area budget and resources, and coordinating employee development. The candidate is expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines and must use forward thinking with a strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills to ensure services are delivered on time, within budget, and according to specifications. The Director will support new and existing customer requirements by designing and implementing innovative tools that improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership for his/her team, in creating a strong and clear identity as mission-driven, well organized, customer centered, and service-oriented team.
- Leads the scoring & reporting team on their mission of delivering solutions, test scores and score reports to students & institutions meeting and/or exceeding the expected quality, delivery, and cost expectations. Follow-up on all actions required to deliver an excellent service to all internal and external customers.
- Creates a culture of innovation and productivity by developing system architecture diagrams, functional flowcharts and process maps, policies and procedures, identifying and removing process bottlenecks, reducing manual processes, using new technologies and innovative platforms and tools, and developing and monitoring key performance indicators in order to create a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity, simplicity and innovation.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Establish and monitor area operational budget and assure adherence to it regarding area purchases, equipment maintenances, temporary resources, employee overtime, among other activity accounts
- Investigate any quality incident or irregularity, complete problem-solving analysis, document results and implement any applicable preventive and corrective actions.
- Manage and attend to all administrative, training and development needs and requirements of staff, ensuring compliance with company policies, test security standards and guidelines, and facilitating communication and collaboration between divisional teams.
- Develop, plan and monitor area workload schedules and calendars throughout the year ensuring established due dates are met or exceeded.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Science, computer, engineering, or IT field careers are preferred. Coursework in business, finance, and human resources management preferred.
Five to seven years of directly related progressively responsible work experience. Management and supervisory experience also required. Experience with Scantron software and scanning equipment is a plus.
More about you:
- Ability to manage a multi-skill and multi-functional work team in delivering consistent results.
- Experience working with operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
- Technical expertise in one or more IT related fields networking, Microsoft administration, Reporting Services and/or Cisco network configuration and management.
- Supervisory skills and capacity to address performance gaps and manage employee development.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with senior leadership.
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Fiscal/Budgetary/Accounting skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion when dealing with confidential information and sensitive personnel matters.
This position will be subject to a background check.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.