Director, Student Experience
The Director, Student Experience, oversees execution of a comprehensive student outreach strategy in Puerto Rico, driving key actions across the student life-cycle to support students’ college and career planning and other College Board objectives. Working with others, the Director will develop and execute a plan for improving higher education and employment outcomes for Puerto Rican students. This will require ensuring a positive end-to-end College Board experience for students, achieving key milestones and using College Board programs and services. In addition, the Director advocates for the student experience by representing the student voice within existing partnerships, by exploring new partnerships, and by working with cross-functional stakeholders to create, manage, and enhance digital student assets and channels throughout the College Board.
- Provide expertise in building an integrated digital and in-person outreach strategy (including parents, counselors, and other influencers) aligned to the student life-cycle and organizational goals.
- Develop and document student journey profiles, identifying key decision and action points to better target and address needs through products and resources.
- Direct cross-functional collaboration to define and document program-specific student needs and develop and manage a recommended roadmap of student support tools and communication touchpoints.
- Build on existing College Board assets for the mainland, leveraging and adjusting for Puerto Rico where possible, but also developing independent initiatives for the island as appropriate.
- Develop effective written communications that motivate and propel students to complete all steps of the student journey towards college readiness and success.
- Analyze and document gaps in current College Board student products based on student life-cycle and needs; identify digital product and outreach opportunities to address these needs aligned to organization goals.
- Define student needs through market research activities including focus groups, surveys, usability testing, interviews, and other relevant research methods; synthesize data to create a base of student insights to inform the digital product roadmap and cross-channel engagement.
- Work with internal stakeholders to explore and develop external partnership opportunities that complement and increase adoption of College Board’s value-added tools and services for students.
- Champion the student voice throughout the organization.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible and related work experience in web product management and/or direct marketing required
- Experience in education assessment/instruction a plus
- Experience working with students in Puerto Rico a plus
- Ability to translate business needs into an actionable, cutting-edge engagement strategies
- Proven experience leading efforts and fostering team work across internal and external stakeholders with whom the individual does not have a direct reporting relationship
- Experience leading multiple, large-scale projects and teams
More about you:
- Strong leader and convener, adept at collaborating and building consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to function under the direction of multiple governing bodies and executive sponsors
- Intellectually driven to develop deep understanding and proficiency for the education industry and College Board products and services
- Decisive within the framework of a collaborative dialogue
- Effective public presenter and advocate
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Persuasive, personable and accessible
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.