Associate Director, Test Security
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Associate Director, Test Security. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Associate Director, Test Security will be responsible for the coordination of investigative strategy and tactical-level management of test security incidents and investigations as well as contributing to the development and maintenance of comprehensive test security policies, procedures, and initiatives spanning across multiple programs and mediums. The Associate Director of Test Security will work cross-functionally to sustain a culture of security within the organization, with a primary focus on the tactical aspects of test security capabilities, investigations, and incident management. To be successful, the Associate Director must establish and grow positive relationships with the College Board business and process owners as well as service providers that deliver test security- and test administration-focused services to the College Board.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Test Security. It requires independent and tactical-level work, and a thorough understanding of investigative strategy and execution, innovative security tools and capabilities to enhance on-site security and ability to use data and analyses to achieve desired performance outcomes and measure progress on test security initiatives.
What you’ll do
- As a critical member of the Test Security team, assist in implementing and assessing test security tools and capabilities to prevent, detect and mitigate test security vulnerabilities and threats.
- Provide primary oversight of ongoing investigations and facilitate necessary investigative activity based on data analyses, identified trends, and emerging threats.
- Assume primary responsibility for data management within the Test Security team’s case management system; identify and coordinate initiatives to improve system’s effectiveness.
- Travel worldwide to assess SAT and Advanced Placement administrations, implement test security capabilities, effect necessary vendor coordination, and conduct investigations as required.
- Operate across cross-functional domains to improve test center audit program efficacy.
- Identify and mitigate test security-related training deficiencies in external stakeholder training platforms.
- Coordinate cross-functional tasks across internal and external parties when test security incidents occur, including providing subject-matter expertise on internal and external communications, making and vetting investigative outcome recommendations, and managing sensitive data and urgent timelines.
- Leverage proficiency of current social media platforms to inform investigative plans and activity.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest technological advances and emerging best practices related to test security and ensure their incorporation in planning and implementation for College Board assessments.
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in investigative or law enforcement capacities.
- Field investigative work, including interviews, is strongly preferred, and work with minors (high school age) is a strong plus.
- Training in compliance, information security, assessment, or operations preferred.
More about you
- Strong investigative and problem-solving affinity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor in domestic and international locations, whether operating as part of a team or on your own.
- Knowledge of today’s social medial platforms; able to leverage this knowledge in the conduct of investigations.
- Dynamic trainer able to impart relevant and experiential knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and manage security risks.
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset.
- High level of organizational and time management skills including the capacity to manage competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team to develop solutions in collaboration with others.
- Strong communicator who can clearly and compellingly present investigative analyses, insights, and recommendations.
- Foreign language proficiency (reading and speaking) preferred.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.