Associate Director/Director - Higher Ed Services
The College Board is conducting a search for a Associate Director/Director for the Higher Ed Services team.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization, and powerful force in the lives of American students. To fulfill our purpose of clearing a path for students to own their future, we offer access, opportunity, and excellence to millions of students each year. Over the past five years, the College Board has been undergoing a transformation. We’ve redesigned the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and many AP courses and exams, and we’ve introduced the PSAT 10, PSAT 8/9, and Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, all with great success.
The Associate Director/Director of Higher Education Services must have a broad understanding of the higher education landscape and expertise in enrollment management. This individual develops strong and impactful relationships that serve higher education institutions in achieving their enrollment goals. She/he will have a strong working knowledge of College Board programs and services and how they serve to support a wide variety of higher education institutions. Primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of detailed institutional account plans focused on relationship development, consultative sales, and the management of communications with key decision-makers.
The individual is responsible for working with Governance and State and District Partnership colleagues to support our work with regional member leaders. They will oversee special projects, including higher education workshops and other state and system policy initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain in depth knowledge of higher education trends, issues, programs and services; including enrollment management, admissions, and financial aid.
- Possess a deep understanding of College Board products and services with a special focus on defining a value proposition(s) that aligns directly to the needs of Higher Education and helps to drive significant mission impact.
- Serve as thought leader for institutional goal development for enrollment leaders.
- Understand market forces affecting institutions within national, regional and local markets
- Service account management, which Includes building deep relationships with strategic higher education institutions, assisting with institutional strategies to meet goals, assisting with resolution of issues (billing, implementation, delivery), and insuring appropriate response by College Board programs.
- Sales account management, which includes forecasting sales, preparing sales activity reports, collecting and maintaining updated client information, and developing new contacts and relationships with key decision-makers.
- Manage sales for higher education products and service activities in assigned territory with defined goals for sales and service activity and demonstrating products and services to institutions.
- Administer, coordinate and perform various assigned activities which may include: meeting with outside individuals or groups to provide information about College Board programs and services; maintaining records of contact and follow up; obtaining feedback from outside individuals or entities regarding programs and services; and conducting workshops, presentations and training as assigned.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating account activity with program, marketing, and regional staff.
Maintains collaborative relationships with staff across the organization to produce work, and ensure performance that helps to meet set goals. Regular interaction with appropriate individuals from the Enrollment Services team, AP Higher Education team, Assessment Programs, Research, Global Advocacy, Government Relations, State and District Partnerships, and Membership. Contact usually by telephone/e-mail/Vidyo, with the purpose of collaborating to produce work, troubleshooting client issues, giving and receiving information, coordinating activities or scheduling.
Maintains significant and important contacts with offices of admissions, financial aid, and enrollment management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5+ years of directly related, progressively responsible work experience in a professional position in education or a related field
- Experience in Admissions or Financial Aid preferred
More About You
- Possess a passion for education and a deep commitment to the College Board’s mission of promoting educational equity, access, and excellence for students of all backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Knowledge of higher education environment and its changing needs, especially in the enrollment planning arena
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of College Board higher education programs and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation/public speaking skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM system
- Demonstrated experience in planning and marketing
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at https://www.collegeboard.org/about/careers/job-listings
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.