The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Quality Specialist for our Operations department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Quality Specialist plays a central role in the development of quality capability within Operations, working closely with the Quality Engineers to design and implement essential quality functions such as document management, issue management, and data collection, analysis and review.
The Quality Specialist develops and leverages a working knowledge of all operations-related processes managed by the Business Process Owners (BPOs) in order to be an effective partner in promoting quality maturity. This includes identifying areas where formal documents are required, assisting BPOs to define the appropriate document structure(s), facilitating development of content where needed, and ensuring completed documents are promoted through approval cycles, revision controlled, and available to staff in the designated repository.
The Quality Specialist, with guidance from the Quality Engineers, ensures compliance with the issue management process by helping to maintain the data store of Operations issues, producing scorecards on the health of the process, preparing for issue management meetings and training events.
The Quality Specialist, in partnership with the Quality Engineers, develop and apply metrics management and display skills, creates quality data summaries and reports, performs routine analysis, and helps follow up on continuous improvement action-taking based on the results.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate the introduction of document management capability to Operations. Assist in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of initial and continuously improving requirements to the document management systems.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) and implementation point of contact (POC) on the quality software tool that enables document management systems and related procedures that allow Operations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
- Develop or configure document management system features, such as user interfaces, access profiles, and document workflow procedures.
- In collaboration with Quality Engineers, work with BPOs in accordance with defined priorities, to create relevant and useful documentation describing the core work of operations.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments to identify document management requirements of Operations. Establish document management roles that apply regardless of functional area, such as Document Owners, Reviewers and Approvers.
- Provide guidance and communication to Document Owners to share best practices and resolve issues and/or discrepancies.
- Prepare support documentation and training materials for users of document management processes and systems.
- Foster the development and maintenance of global Operations-related documentation, such as the Business Process Inventory (BPI).
- Plan, coordinate and conduct annual review of documents in Document Management tool.
- Maintain relevant vendor documents and standards in Document Management tool.
- Perform daily maintenance of record repository for operations issues. Identify gaps in the database and work to complete missing information.
- Produce materials for issue management meetings and training.
- Make recommendations on improvements to the issue management process.
- Follow up on action items from the Issue Management Meeting.
- Work with external teams, such as IT Problem Management and IT Technical Operations, to track process improvements and preventive actions. Where appropriate, maintain action registers to track agreed-upon improvement activities to closure.
- Assist Quality Engineers in performing data analysis and reporting that enables the display of quality trends and target improvement areas.
- High school diploma plus two years of college, four-year college degree is preferable
- 2+ years’ experience in an office environment as an administrative coordinator, project coordinator, or equivalent
- Proficient using Microsoft office applications and communication tools
- Demonstrated experience in learning new business-oriented software/database applications
More about you
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to build strong professional relationships
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational, time & task management skills
- Enthusiasm to learn Quality Management System (QMS) principles
- Self-starting, detailed oriented, and ability to focus on task at hand
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.