Senior Portfolio Analyst
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Senior Portfolio Analyst for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Agile Portfolio Management Office within the College Board Information Technology division is seeking an Agile Portfolio Analyst to work closely with Agile Portfolio Managers, Agile Coaches, and stakeholders from the business, IT, and Ops to support Agile Portfolio Management for College Board as part of the College Board’s Agile Transformation. This position will support the various College Board portfolios of work with a focus on Demand (Work Intake) Management, Portfolio Management, and Results Management. This role will also support the aggregation of portfolio planning and delivery metrics into succinct, meaningful information radiators that can be used to communicate progress, manage risks and issues, and provide actionable decision-making tools. To support that effort, the Portfolio Analyst will play a key role in ensuring the accuracy of data to produce reliable reporting. The Agile Portfolio Analyst will also play a role in the configuration and administration of tools that support the Agile Transformation.
We are looking for a collaborative, positive, enthusiastic, pragmatic servant leader who demonstrates strong creativity and innovative thinking, demonstrates adaptability and agility, is passionate and/or knowledgeable about the education industry as well as technology trends, and can synthesize and communicate information across a wide range of stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Support analysis and management of College Board portfolios of work with a focus on Demand (Work Intake) Management, Portfolio Management, Program Management, and Results Management.
- Support the facilitation and coordination of efforts toward the establishment of portfolio definitions including their structure, roles, and processes.
- Partner with Portfolio Managers, Product Managers, and Product Owners to prioritize and sequence work in relation to road maps. Understand business goals, initiatives, and features. Effectively work with Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to align and support business strategy, planning, and delivery.
- Support Portfolio Managers in day to day tasks of managing various portfolios of work.
- Facilitate portfolio reviews as necessary and ensure that portfolio health, issues and risks are effectively managed and visualized to meet business expectations. Ensure adequate oversight and coordination of dependencies across features and resolve impediments.
- Demonstrate the ability to access data, analyze data outputs, and visualize the results to provide meaningful information radiators that provide good optics and insights. Build dashboards and reports based on data sets from various sources such as JIRA. Be able to produce crisp, integrated Reporting and Dashboards for portfolio stakeholders.
- Provide tool support to all portfolio stakeholders. Utilize JIRA, Confluence and other tools to facilitate effective work intake and delivery.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the tool implementation that supports the Agile work intake, planning, and delivery system. Help with the deployment and support of tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Support teams as necessary in managing the delivery of work for the various portfolios.
- Facilitate organizational retrospectives as necessary.
- Works closely with the Agile Center of Excellence, providing feedback on processes, policies, procedures, training, and tooling changes to better support the enterprise Agile transformation.
- Foster collaboration between Program, IT, and Operations teams.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where challenges can be raised in an objective manner with a focus on problem solving.
- Propose solutions to problems and challenges, raising them up effectively to appropriate parties for resolution
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of related experience and Bachelor’s degree/equivalent required .MS or MBA highly desirable.
- Strong business leadership
- Knowledge and experience in managing and operating organizational level work intake, planning, reporting, and financial analysis systems.
- Experience in organizational level data management.
- Understanding of Agile frameworks, business process modeling, and data modeling.
More about you
- Understanding of Agile concepts and best practices, as well as an ability to become a SME in College Board’s Agile work management system.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in process analysis.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in JIRA (or a JIRA like platform)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required
- Strong attention to detail
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.