Assessment Specialist/Senior Assessment Specialist/Math
Assessment Specialist/Senior Assessment Specialist
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Assessment /Sr. Assessment Specialist. This position can be based out of Chicago, ILL, Iowa City IA. or New York, NY.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization.
The Incumbent will assist in the development of new assessments and related products that support significant segments of the organization with respect to math assessment.
As part of the Math Team, the Assessment Specialist or Senior Assessment Specialist contributes to the test development work of the Math Team. The Incumbent’s primarily participates in test item writing, test item reviewing, test item alignment, and test form review. He/she will also, on an organization-wide basis, utilize their expertise in mathematics, math instruction, curriculum, test development, and assessment. Additionally, candidates may perform specific functions or lead projects, as assigned.
Preference will be given to candidates that bring expertise in cross-subject item development and/or proficiency in a specific area of mathematics instruction. Specifically, we desire candidates with experience developing math test items in social science and/or science contexts. Additionally, we desire candidates with experience teaching in specific areas of mathematics, for example: geometry, ratio/proportion and number theory, or remedial math for college freshmen.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of a team in the development of new assessments and supporting products in math, including the formulation of test specifications, item development, and the analysis of statistical results. Write and review multiple-choice and constructed-response math items and related materials.
- Assist in the development of existing assessments and supporting products and services in the area of math assessment. Interface with vendors contracted to provide products and services for these assessments. Take part in committee meetings, particularly test form review sessions.
- Serve as a contact for internal and external expertise in math instruction, particularly as it relates to test development. Give presentations internally and externally in math assessment for College Board programs.
- Provide expertise in curriculum to internal and external clients, including working on alignments between College Board tests and national and state standards.
- Participate in the selection of new members for the test development committees.
- Take part in the selection of vendors for test development projects and review vendor work for quality and accuracy.
Senior Assessment Specialist: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or the equivalent education and experience in math instruction/assessment required. Four to six years of experience in K-12 or K-16 test development, including development of multiple-choice and constructed-response math items, with a nationally recognized testing organization, test publisher, or state testing program highly preferred. Teaching experience at the middle, secondary, or post-secondary levels highly preferred. In-depth exposure to state and national curriculum standards preferred.
Assessment Specialist: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of recent teaching experience in mathematics are required. In-depth exposure to state and national curriculum standards is preferred. One to two years of experience in item writing, including development of multiple-choice and constructed-response items is preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation/public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational, time, and task management skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint
- Available to travel nationally
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity, and its programs, services, and employment policies are guided by that principle.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.