Senior Analyst, Technology Procurement
Senior Analyst, Technology Procurement
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Analyst, Technology Procurement. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Technology Strategic Sourcing. This role assists the technology procurement team with the overall management and throughput of procurement related activities including new supplier onboarding, supplier performance accountability, policy enforcement, contract execution, and providing procurement guidance and expertise to internal stakeholders. The Senior Analyst supports the development and implementation of sourcing initiatives, industry and supplier research, competitive bidding, vendor selection, performance management and contract negotiations.
What you’ll do
- Support departmental and organizational objectives.
- Manage tactical procurement activities (requisitions, purchase orders, contract signatures, etc.) throughout the procure to pay (P2P) process.
- Review and evaluate terms and conditions in contractual documents to ensure compliance with the Legal department’s approved templates and decision tree guidelines.
- Lead/participate in negotiations with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Assure compliance with corporate procurement policy and process standardization initiatives. Become subject matter expert (SME) regarding the P2P process and the full e-procurement suite of applications.
- Coordinate or support RFI/RFQ/RFP projects as part of the organization’s competitive bidding strategy including vendor evaluation, selection and implementation activities.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable, vendors and internal stakeholders to assist with resolving invoice matching problems.
- Provide reporting on procurement metrics and activities, as assigned.
- Be a highly competent user of e-procurement suite of tools to be able to provide timely and complete customer service including but not limited to addressing inquiries, researching information in e-procurement system, knowing who to contact to resolve issues, troubleshooting, responding to requests for contracts, information etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 4+ years of procurement experience.
More about you
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Proven negotiations skills honed by formal training and on the job experience
- Superior analytical skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to articulate information clearly and succinctly in a variety of communications settings and styles.
- Must be comfortable in informal meetings as well as more formal presentation settings.
- Experienced in providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong work ethic and curiosity to learn new information, tasks and skills to solve problems.
- Self-directed requiring limited guidance and/or supervision.
- Comfortable using electronic procurement tools (P2P, eSourcing, contract management, etc). Good office computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.