The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Quality Auditor for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Quality Auditor is a key contributor of the Quality Assurance team within the Operations Quality organization. This position is responsible for performing hands-on quality engineering work and leading collaborative team efforts designed to develop, strengthen, and improve the quality of College Board vendor processes and infrastructure. The Senior Quality Engineer supports multiple outsourced vendors that are engaged in the Operations functions of Publications, Logistics, Test Registration, Test Administration, Scoring, and Score Reporting across multiple College Board programs.
The Quality Auditor works to develop the ongoing maturity of the Vendor Quality Program, provides guidance internally and within the vendor base to promote Vendor Quality initiatives, and works to ensure appropriate quality controls, risk mitigation mechanisms, and continuous improvement programs are in place. The Quality Auditor leads the technical process assessment and auditing of vendor processes, identifies areas of opportunity for quality improvement and manages and leads quality investigations and analyses. The Quality Auditor shares knowledge of vendor processes and quality tools and methodologies in order to foster a quality mindset within the Operations organization and the vendor base.
The Quality Auditor partners with College Board business process owners and works with vendors to establish quality structure, requirements and deliverables for new projects. In addition, this role seeks to optimize vendor relationships by installing progressive quality initiatives to ensure that College Board and vendors are working collaboratively to maximize collective quality impact.
What you’ll do
- Support continued development and implementation of vendor QMS Identify and develop necessary updates to requirements with stakeholders and communicate, plan, and implement with vendors. Measure and display vendor QMS maturity, and contribute to College Board Operations QMS maturity measurements.
- Develop and maintain assessment schedule, perform assessments as business needs dictate, write and issue assessment reports and findings, and manage vendor activities surrounding remediation of assessment observations and findings.Engage Business Process Owners, quality team members, and vendors in assessment program, both for planned assessments and during ad hoc investigations.
- Develop meaningful success metrics and robust scorecards for display and communication of Apply results of assessments toward quality improvement efforts at vendors and within College Board.
- Support efforts to ensure that new and modified vendor processes are engineered with quality in Define, approve, and enable the implementation of quality requirements, quality plans, and quality check points to ensure adequacy of controls
- and resulting Work with vendors to develop and implement plans for designing and implementing processes for new and modified College Board programs and projects, and communicate vendors’progress and success to College Board stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of vendor Determine requirements and apply knowledge of processes across vendors and College Board programs to ensure universal best practices. Update College Board regarding vendor improvements and quality achievements.
- Develop, implement, and manage joint quality review forums with vendors, ensuring analysis of appropriate indicators and resulting in meaningful improvement
- For new product development and new projects take lead for vendor quality activities and develop Vendor Quality Plan to detail quality requirements, deliverables, processes and
- Travel to vendors’locations to ensure appropriate quality deployment and
- B.S. Degree in an appropriate engineering or operations field
- Appropriate quality certifications preferred (Certified Auditor, ASQ CQA, ASQ CQE, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt, )
- 7+ years process and quality engineering experience
- Experience using multiple quality improvement methodologies, tools, and techniques to drive significant change and improvement
- Experience developing and analyzing quality performance metrics
- Quality Management System implementation knowledge and experience, such as ISO
- Experience in corrective action program, root cause analysis and basic statistics
- Experience in vendor quality management techniques
More about you
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presentation)
- Strong process perspective and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and structured, creative problem solving ability
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple levels of management
- Excellent group/ cross-functional team facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of multiple Quality improvement methodologies and tools
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and statistical software
- Solid organizational, time & task management skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel frequently and at a short notice (50%)
- Experience in a high-volume data and transaction intensive processing operation
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.