Project Manager, Publication Operations
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Project Manager, Publication Operations for our Operations department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for developing, integrating, and maintaining schedules across efforts supported by the Operations Publications group. They will work with other tightly related groups to layer in dependent initiatives impacting publications and their timelines. The Project Manager will provide daily oversight of the schedules and ensure that internal Publications team members and stakeholder reviewers are aware of upcoming tasks and milestones. They will develop a means by which schedules and tasks can easily be accessed and consumed by internal Publications team members and stakeholder reviewers
Additionally, as the broader Operations group transitions to Agile planning and work execution, the Associate Project Manager will evolve Publications team scheduling and documentation to align with Agile methodologies.
What you’ll do
- Developing and maintaining schedules for work previously managed by other teams or new scope that has now shifted into the Publications group’s purview.
- Building an integrated view of the various internal and vendor-produced Publications project plans of work supported by the Operations Publications group.
- Working with team members to identify publication and project/decision dependencies and building them into the overall integrated view.
- Raising risks and working with appropriate owners to drive to resolution.
- Engaging with the Operations-wide effort shift to Agile. Assisting in the team’s efforts to transform to Agile work planning and evolving schedules and documentation accordingly.
- Aligning the Publication groups’ schedules with broader Operations integrated planning efforts.
- Developing a dashboard view and method to regularly communicate upcoming tasks and milestones, both internally and for publication stakeholder reviewers.
- Working with the XML Project Manager on XML-produced publication schedules and dependencies.
- Regular status reporting.
- Working with other team leads (e.g., Supply Chain Management, Digital, Training) with initiatives and ongoing work that impacts publications and their schedules. Leading cross-team schedule coordination discussions.
- Travel to vendor and other CB offices as required (<20%).
- Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of at least 4+ years of progressively responsible and related work experience.
- 3+ year's experience in project management
- Experience with XML and XDocs CCMS (or other XML content management system) desired
More about you
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of information into digestible outputs
- Project management experience using SmartSheet required
- Experience leading Agile teams preferred
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team as well as independently and to self-manage work
- Strong organizational, time, and task management skills
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.