The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Receptionist for our San Juan, PR office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies in 2015, the College Board is a mission-focused organization.
The receptionist will welcome all visitors by greeting them in person, directing them appropriately and notifying company personnel of their arrival. S/he will answer, screen and process all incoming phone calls; provide basic and accurate information to public in-person and via phone/email regarding the services offered by The College Board or directing them to the most appropriate College Board representative. S/he will also process payments and prepare required daily reports for Finance regarding transactions and services made in reception.
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answer, screen and process all incoming phone calls.
- Provide accurate information to the public regarding the services offered by the College Board in-person, via phone or email.
- Provide accurate orientation to students and counselors regarding the services, application, score reports and related processes of the various assessments that the College Board offers in-person, via phone or email.
- Receive, organize, classify and distribute mail and deliveries to the appropriate parties on a daily basis.
- Collect, process and prepare the deposits of payments received by customers, as requested by Finance, for the various assessments and services that The College Board/PRLAO offers and prepare a daily report.
- Produce, prepare and send copies, within the established time, of the reports for additional test results that are requested.
- Ensure reception area is presentable and organized, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pencils, forms, brochures, computers).
- Ensure that all electronic equipment used in the reception area for enrollment is 100% operational throughout the year.
- Provide monthly reports of the metrics established, as requested.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (visitors log).
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- An Associate Degree with technical training in the operation of centralized telephone systems preferred.
- Two – three years of experience as a Receptionist or performing similar duties
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong computer operation skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to manage time extremely well and to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.