Scrum Master (Salesforce)
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Scrum Master for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Scrum Master is a critical servant leader within the Data and Technology Architecture department in the IT organization. The Scrum Master will lead agile teams on various projects, including Salesforce CRM.
The right candidate will be a high energy, positive and enthusiastic team player, and problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels and phases of the project. We are looking for a strategic and consultative leader who has had success leading technology initiatives, demonstrates strong creativity and innovative thinking, is passionate and/or knowledgeable about the education industry, and has the ability to lead and manage large-scale product development projects
What you’ll do
- Working work with agile teams using Scrum and Kanban methods to successfully deliver the project and continue to improve on the existing processes and culture of the organization. He/she will remove obstacles to the team’s process, Run Agile Sprint planning, retrospective, demo and daily scrum meetings.
- Own and drive all project details, issues, etc.
- Develop and document well formed stories, requirement documentation and manage the product backlog
- Raise key decision points and risks to leadership for resolution.
- Develop and drive incremental quality and agility into the organization as it relates to assigned projects.
- Ensure that College Board IT standards and processes are consistently followed and enhanced.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to drive continuous improvement, including evaluation of various implementation approaches and tools at the early stages of projects that best meet the needs of the initiative while strategically supporting the strategic direction and advancement of the group.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediments.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, or being judged, with a concentration of healing and problem solving.
- Be able to bring transparency to the business and program about development and grow business trust.
- Must be able to notice the differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Successful candidate must have 5+ years working on the delivery of CRM and related applications.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system.
- Must be highly effective at working with all levels of resources and leadership.
- Strong communication skills, customer relationship management skills and team leadership skills are paramount to the success of this role.
- Must have demonstrated experience and appreciation in different styles of Agile, i.e. Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Knowledge of crossover/inter-dependencies between infrastructure tasks and development activities
- Experience managing and leading project managers, developers, architects, testers, etc.
- Must be able to multi task and lead and manage multiple teams simultaneously while providing appropriate direction and oversight.
- Must be a results oriented, get things done leader – with a history of success and the desire to help an organization evolve and grow.
- Advanced problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Advanced experience with requirements identification, elaboration and documentation
More about you
- Salesforce Admin Certification a plus
- AWS Certification is a plus.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.