Senior Test Engineer, Automation
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Test Engineer, Automation for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Sr. Test Engineer, Automation plays a key role on our Data Services team as we migrate hundreds of thousands of data points to a cloud-based environment.
The Test Engineer, Automation is responsible develop and execute test plan and automation test scripts. The incumbent is responsible for the analysis of user stories, testing applications, developing test plans, test cases and test scripts, and evaluating test results to determine compliance with test plans and established business processes.
Test Engineer also must have experience in developing automated test scripts for web applications and services.
What you’ll do
- Develops test strategies and plans. Oversees the development of and/or develops and maintains test data.
- Develops automated test scripts for web interface and web services
- Develops and delivers verbal and written status reports.
- Performs system quality assurance testing by executing test plans. Reports, documents, and tracks resolutions for software “Defects” identified in the testing process using approved tools and processes.
- Assists in the confirmation of problems reported from outside sources, and assists system development staff in understanding problems and desired resolution.
- Participates and/or leads peer reviews of software artifacts
- Assists in the identification, selection, and implementation of software tools and technologies, and testing techniques and procedures that facilitates the SQA process.
- Prepares routine correspondence internal reports for internal/external review
- Performs a variety of technical tasks which includes:
- Conducting routine tasks in conformance with set procedures within the department
- Conducting regular technical functions, interacting with users or other departments
- Performing complex technical functions, evaluating systems or procedures and recommending action or changes
- Designing, developing, modifying and/or testing applications, systems and procedures
- Establishing and documenting procedures for carrying out technical duties, in compliance with best practices or new technology
- Being accountable for compliance with regulatory requirements and development/oversight of strategic planning for technical function.
- Working experience with developing automation test scripts.
- Working experience with Oracle, DynamoDB is a plus.
- Working experience with cross browser testing
- Working experience with performance tuning and stress testing is a plus.
- Working experience with Continuous Integration and Contentious Delivery environment like Jenkins is a plus.
- Possess a working knowledge of architectural frameworks and methodologies is a plus.
- Technical proficiency in test-related hardware and software, particularly in relation to IT systems, including:
- Working experience with Agile and DevOps is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as a member of cross-functional project teams in matrix environment
- Ability to work off-shifts (evening, night, weekend)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
More about you
- Experience working in DevOps environment.
- Exposure to the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training. Mission
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.