Operations Specialist, Midwestern Regional Office
Under direction of the Regional Operations Director, perform overall administrative and operational functions to support smooth operations of the regional office, membership and governance activities, and customer service needs of constituents across the region. Serve as onsite designee for operations related issues at direction of Regional Operations Director and as point of contact for project management activities related to office administration, membership & governance activities, finance, and human resources.
- Provide overall office support by managing supply inventories, researching or compiling information, coordinating procurement activities, processing invoices, vendor logistics, coordinating with building management on facilities issues and policies, troubleshooting and maintenance for minor IT and equipment issues
- Coordination and execution for office meetings and events logistics, including scheduling, agenda and materials development, attendee tracking/communications, catering, and post-meeting follow up.
- Provide overall administrative support, specifically for the Regional Vice President which may include, but is not limited to: assisting with calendar management, coordinating travel and reimbursement, providing data or information in support of state and district needs, monitoring incoming communications; and preparing administrative reports to include monthly, quarterly, and other reports.
- Serve as point of contact for incoming customer service inquiries, ensuring timely resolution of issues and communication to appropriate parties.
Membership & Governance
- Serve as point of contact in communication with Regional Council and members at the direction of the Regional Operations Director.
- Coordinate and implement on all aspects of the Regional Forum to include: program planning, presenter outreach & communications, corrections/additions to regional web site, hotel coordination, materials preparation, and registration. Follow-up on post conference activities, including billing, chargebacks.
- Coordinate, communicate, and execute logistics of Regional Council meetings, prep meeting materials for distribution through Directors Desk.
- Prepare meeting minutes and maintain regional and national Governance files.
- Under direction of the Regional Operations Director, coordinate and implement on all aspects of election process, to include call for nominations, communication with nominating committee, election pipeline, and deliverables with ballot development.
- Serve as point of contact for incoming inquiries from unassigned accounts; Outreach to unassigned accounts when necessary to support regional goals or projects.
- Under the direction of the Director of Regional Operations, assist K12 unit with program escalations involving invoicing issues, billing issues, missing score reports, AI code requests, and TOS functional issues.
- Coordinate, communicate, and execute logistics of meetings and workshops in states without assessment contracts. Coordinate activities including event registration, meeting materials preparation, and site logistics under the direction of the Director of Regional Operations.
- Under direction of Regional Operations Director, coordinate onboarding activities for new staff, including customizing templates for new hires, scheduling training segments, conducting office tours, and setting up access to key online resources/portals.
- Serve as a mentor to interns and office temps, assigning projects and prioritizing work tasks.
- Provide direct assistance to the Director of Operations in processing invoices, researching and resolving accounts payable issues, preparing accruals and reclasses.
- Serve as point of contact for all procurement processes, including requisitions, hotel contracts, and vendor adds/updates.
- Prepare formal presentations, data reports, talking points, PPTs, and other internal reports.
- Ability to utilize various College Board data sources to access data to appropriately fulfill data requests, develop and produce standard data reports, synthesize data in a summative and cohesive manner, produce PPTs or documents showing data comparisons and basic assumptions.
- Monitor contracts aging report, coordinating outreach to K12 team to ensure timely status updates in Salesforce, providing updates to Director of Operations until contract is fully executed.
- Point of contact for regional and USS sponsorship process, including collection of forms for review by the Director of Operations and payment upon approval by the Committee. Coordinate deliverables including materials, advertising, conference participation and logistics.
- May serve on internal committees or contribute to special projects as assigned by the Regional Operations Director
Maintains regular contact with College Board State & District Partnership staff, membership & governance staff, and program staff. Contact usually by telephone/e-mail, with the purpose of collaborating to produce work, troubleshooting client issues, giving and receiving information, coordinating activities or scheduling.
Maintains frequent contact with College Board members, customers and vendors, usually by telephone/e-mail, with the purpose of collaborating to produce work, troubleshooting client issues, giving and receiving information, coordinating activities or scheduling.
BA Degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of one to three years of related experience, preferably in a customer service or program support capacity.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to independently prepare important communication for internal and external audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, learn new systems/processes quickly, juggle multiple priorities, and manage ambiguity.
- Motivated, strong customer service orientation
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills preferred