Senior Test Automation Engineer
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Test Automation Engineer for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and executing test plans and automation test scripts. The incumbent is responsible for the analysis of user stories, testing applications, developing test plans, test cases and test scripts, and evaluating test results to determine compliance with test plans and established business processes. Each engineer is expected to contribute in all the areas of software development as part of a poly-skilled agile team.
The Test Automation Engineer also must have experience in developing automated test scripts for web applications and services.
What you’ll do
- Develops test strategies and plans including implementing frameworks, writing testing automation scripts for web interface and web services, using tools such as Cucumber and/or Selenium in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Oversees the development of and/or develops and maintains test data.
- Develops and delivers verbal and written status reports.
- Performs system quality assurance testing by executing test plans. Reports, documents, and tracks resolutions for software “Defects” identified in the testing process using approved tools and processes.
- Assists in the confirmation of problems reported from outside sources and assists system development staff in understanding problems and desired resolution.
- Responsible and Accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and testing are adequately performed.
- Participates and/or leads peer reviews of software artifacts
- Ensures that continuous integration is performed on the application source code and constantly seeks to enhance the continuous integration methods of the development team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Assists in the identification, selection, and implementation of software tools and technologies, and testing techniques and procedures that facilitates the SQA process.
- Performs a variety of technical tasks which includes:
- Conducting routine tasks in conformance with set procedures within the department
- Conducting regular technical functions, interacting with users or other departments
- Performing complex technical functions, evaluating systems or procedures and recommending action or changes
- Designing, developing, modifying and/or testing applications, systems and procedures; establishing and documenting procedures for carrying out technical duties, in compliance with best practices or new technology
- Accountability for compliance with regulatory requirements and development/oversight of strategic planning for technical function.
- Prepares routine correspondence and internal reports for internal/external review
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
- Experience with AWS services DynamoDB, S3, EC2, Lambda and Amazon RDS is preferred
- Working experience with developing automation test scripts.
- Working experience with the Selenium, Jmeter, WebDriverJs or WebDriverIO testing tools
- Working experience with performance tuning and stress testing is a plus
- Working experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of architectural frameworks and methodologies are a plus.
- Technical proficiency in test-related hardware and software, particularly in relation to IT systems, including:
- Working experience with Agile and DevOps is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as a member of a poly-skilled agile team
- Ability to work off-shifts (evening, night, weekend)
- Experience working in DevOps environment.
- Cucumber, Hippie/Supertest, Chai experience is a plus.