Executive Director, Item Bank Product Management
The College Board is conducting a search for an Executive Director, Item Bank Product Management for the Digital team. This position reports to the VP of Digital and is based in one of the following College Board offices: Iowa City, IA; Reston, VA; New York, NY; Newtown/Yardley, PA.
The College Board is a not for profit organization committed to clearing a path for all students to own their future. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies in the world, the College Board connects students to college success and opportunity. Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success — including the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators and schools.
The Executive Director, Item Bank Product Management is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and integration of the College Board’s item bank product, a multi-functional database and content management tool. The Executive Director will develop the vision and strategic roadmap for the item bank and oversee product backlog prioritization. The Executive Director will manage relationships with key external vendors and work closely with item bank specialists in College Board’s IT division to optimize item bank operations.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the development of College Board’s item bank product, including integration with a range of internal and external technology products.
- Prioritize a wide-ranging backlog of product development work in collaboration with College Board’s IT division, Psychometrics, Digital, and all AD&D teams, as well as with key external vendors.
- Collaborate with other AD&D staff to develop recommendations for continuous improvement through an agile strategic planning process. Identify patches and new features to optimize operational flow and user experience.
- Develop a vision and roadmap for College Board’s item bank product. Set goals, monitor progress, and execute against metrics.
- Develop and manage critical relationships with key internal and external constituents, including key Assessment Design and Development vendors.
What you’ll have
- Bachelors degree required. Systems engineering or computer science degree preferred.
- Reputation as an exemplary product or content management leader with 8 years functional experience.
- Experience in database management and/or development required.
- Understanding of how content is developed and approved at a broad scale.
- Proven experience managing the prioritization of product or content backlogs. Agile experience preferred.
- Superb operational vision and analytical prowess with a demonstrated ability to learn and assess complex systems.
- Strategic mindset with experience building product roadmaps and budgets.
- Proven ability to manage up and across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Able to effectively develop and manage collaborative relationships with internal and external constituents, including AD&D vendors.
- Track record of vision-setting and effective change management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, customer service orientation.
- Committed to clearing a path for all students to own their future.
More about you
- Generosity in service of students, colleagues, and partners.
- Command of evidence and technology.
- Getting things done, with a premium on quality and efficiency.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.