Business Process Quality Analyst
Business Process Quality Analyst
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Business Process Quality Analyst for our IT department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Business Process Quality Analyst provides support for School Day contracts and initiatives by collaborating with Operations stakeholders, State Implementation team, Quality functions and vendors counterparts.
The Business Process Quality Analyst supports multiple Business Process Owners (Publications, Logistics, Test Registration, Test Administration, Scoring, and Score Reporting) and Operations State Implementation team and vendors that are engaged in contracts and initiatives. This position is responsible for leading collaborative team efforts designed to develop, strengthen, and improve the solutions for contract and initiatives customers.
The Business Process Quality Analyst partners with Business Process Owners and vendors to understand the requirements and perform impact analysis and support development of optimized solutions. The Business Process Quality Analyst ensures quality controls, appropriate checks and validations are incorporated into operational processes/solutions.
The Business Process Quality Analyst will be working closely with senior members of QA team in learning and understanding Quality Engineering tools, techniques and methodologies and be trained to implement these in assigned projects and or BPO areas.
What you’ll do
- Providing Quality Assurance support for School Day contracts and initiatives in collaboration with other Quality functions such as Quality Control, Vendor Quality Management.
- Working closely with Business Process Owners and Operations State Implementation team support identification of impacts/changes for School Day contracts and initiatives.
- Identifying the quality checks and validations for critical business process changes/impacts.
- Collaborating with Vendor Quality to ensure effective involvement/implementation of critical operational processes. Work closely with external operations vendors to ensure internal and external inter-vendor data flows are properly executed and appropriate data quality controls are developed and maintained.
- Detailed review of project deliverables/outputs such as process documents, publications, requirements etc.
- Create process maps and develop procedures for critical business and quality processes.
- Participate in project meetings and provide update on Quality activities and gather inputs/requirements for Quality team.
- Taking guidance from a senior QA member, support Operations State Implementation team and Business Process Owners in identification and management of risks and provide Issue containment support.
- Support Quality Solution Overview sessions between CB Operations and vendors for cross-organizational controls review.
- Support coordination and implementation of Readiness Reviews with vendors ensuring appropriate representation of all CB functional areas and coverage of key processes. Identify and manage improvements and actions resulting from reviews.
- Inclination to learn quality engineering and management tools, techniques and frameworks to eventually become a Quality Engineer and implement QA catalog of services.
- S. degree or equivalent in engineering or computer science or operations research is preferred.
- 7- 10 years of experience in business analysis or related field
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Proven ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams discussions
- Strong analytical and data analysis experience with structured problem-solving ability
- Proficiency is usage of MS-Excel and MS-Power Point for data analysis and presentations
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presentation), Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of Quality principles, standards and methodologies (preferable)
- Ability to travel (15%)
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.