Senior Director, Strategic Finance
The Senior Director serves as a strategic and financial advisor for three major programs of the Enrollment unit of the College Board. These market-leading programs help thousands of colleges recruit millions of students and deliver billions of dollars in financial aid. These programs include:
- College Board Search. Search helps millions of students receive valuable information from colleges, scholarship organizations and educational opportunity programs..
CSS Profile™. Many colleges and universities use CSS Profile to analyze student financial need and distribute over $9 billion in need-based financial aid.
- PowerFAIDS®. Hundreds of colleges and universities use PowerFAIDS to process financial aid applications
The Senior Director will lead initiatives and develop strategies to strengthen these programs. Specifically, they will:
- Build and improve financial models that drive decision-making and performance management
- Evaluate the program and strategic progress through business and financial analysis
- Distill complex financial analysis into clear insights
- Facilitate leadership and team discussions of financial performance and ensure program and College Board leadership have a firm understanding of strategic progress and financial performance and keen insights.
- Prepare and deliver monthly and quarterly team and executive presentations on financial performance, budget variances, trends, advisories, performance outlooks, and forecast adjustments.
- Strategy: Identify and develop strategies for metrics, optimization and growth, including, but not limited to, sales analysis, pricing, partnerships and acquisitions.
- Budgeting: Plan, envision, propose, create and manage the yearly budget for the Enrollment unit that includes projects, programs, baseline operations, revenue, expense, internal chargebacks and vendors.
- Forecasting and Performance Analysis: Engage and convene relevant parties to identify and capture key performance drivers, and build sophisticated models that forecast monthly volumes, revenue and expense for three major product lines. Dimensions considered will include: usage (volume, etc.), business financial (revenues, expenses) and customer patterns (adoption, attrition).
- Cost management, containment and reduction: Identify and manage best candidates for cost reduction. Understand, manage and optimize internal service unit chargebacks including Higher Ed, Research, IT and vendors.
- Create business cases related to new investments including strategy, what-if scenarios, cost of ownership and implementation costs.
You are inspired by the opportunity to improve products that impact the lives of millions of students. You have:
- An outstanding record of academic and professional achievement and leadership
- Excellent quantitative and financial analysis skills including ability to envision, orchestrate and execute complex analyses (e.g. multi-variate and regression analysis)
- Ability to apply financial analysis to address questions of strategy (e.g. pricing strategy)
- Strong ability to communicate complex financial analysis effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to break down complex problems, distinguish essential and secondary issues, and deliver creative insights.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, across lines of difference
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Graduate degree with emphasis on quantitative analysis, MBA or relevant consulting experience is preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in business, finance, or management/strategy consulting is required
- Command of Excel (including pivot tables, and advanced functions), statistical tools (e.g. R, Stata, SPSS, SAS) and visualization tools (PowerPoint, Tableau, Power BI)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to move deftly between big picture and details
- Comfort with concurrently managing multiple ongoing projects in different phases
- Thrives with detail and deadlines
This position reports to VP, Strategic Finance
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.